Hello again everybody!
The last 3 months have been a mad blur of charity, degrees and fundraising so I want to take this opportunity to say a massive thank you to everyone who has done any sort of fundraising this term (whether directly with RAG or not!). To date the total amount raised is an incredible £29,542.62!
But we’re not resting on our laurels, with a whole concoction of amazing events already in the pipeline:
- Our second Megaraid to London for St Mungo’s Broadway
- Blue Monday (*cough* free cake *cough*)
- The Big Give – our famous week of fundraising
and Speed Dating all coming up within the first 6 weeks of term! All of these are currently in the planning stages, so if you would like to get involved then drop us a message.
But it is the start of a new year so it’s time for use to have a look at what has gone well and what hasn’t, based on your comments at our last Round-Up and make some….
New Year RAGolutions!
(no one of them isn’t to abandon such amazing puns)
- Based on your feedback these will now be held at the new time of 7PM!
- We are going to cut down on the amount of brainstorming session that we have been doing and start trying to give you all skills and practical experience
- Also once a month, will now be a RAG Social, both alcohol and non-alcohol based! (bring on the lazer tag)
- Our events have been running better than ever but we need to be better at sharing information with you guys so Bruno, our Events Officer, will be coming along to more sub-committee meetings to help spread his knowledge! This will also help you all to understand all the back work that needs to go into an event.
- We will also be asking for more feedback after events so don’t get scared if you start getting questioned.
All of our subcommittee’s have been fantastic over the last few months and I am really looking forward to all your work in the New Year. Keep an eye on the Facebook pages for full details of what is going on and to stay updated on timings of all future meetings!
Website and Sponsors
- We are working on finishing up getting all the details up on the website ASAP
- We are very excited that announce that both Domino’s and Santander will be helping us with our fundraising over the next year! Keep an eye out for their involvement and for any other potential partners.
Finally a massive personal thank you from me for all of your amazing hard work. It’s been an absolute pleasure being involved in such an exciting time!
Heres to the next 3 months!
Kieran and the whole 2015/16 Committee